Rhino Family Mediation Sheffield


Rhino Family Mediation Sheffield can help

When a couple divorces or officially separates, mediation can help them resolve crucial issues such as child custody, finances, and property division.

Mediation of a family disagreement can save time, money, and reduce stress compared to litigation.

As part of our service, we also assist grandparents and extended family members in sustaining relationships following mediation.

 Rhino Family Mediation Sheffield is here to help.

Why Is Mediation So Important?

When it becomes necessary to modify past agreements, family mediation Sheffield can be a beneficial resource, especially as children age and their needs change.

If you bring a dispute to court, the judge will determine the resolution.

Even if one or both of you disagree with the decisions, you must still implement them.

One of the benefits of utilising the Family Mediation Sheffield service is that it can assist you in maintaining your position of control. Nothing against your will will be required of you.

The mediator will assist you in discovering a solution that is mutually beneficial and will detail the measures required to make your agreement legally binding.

Before requesting a judge to hear your case, you should investigate alternative alternatives, such as Family Mediation Peterborough.

They can indefinitely delay hearing your case until you attend a Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting (MIAM).


Yes, mediation is entirely voluntary, and either party can end it whenever they like.

While the mediator will steer and manage the proceedings, mediation will only proceed if all parties involved are on board. There is never any favouritism or bias on the part of mediators. A mediator will not provide legal advice or decide your case for you. The parties are responsible for making their own decisions.

Anything said in the course of a mediation session is strictly confidential and will not be used against you in court. When we finish our mediation process in Sheffield, your mediator will explain the steps you need to take, which typically include seeking legal counsel, to transform your ideas into a legally binding agreement and/or court order.

Rhino Family Mediation Sheffield typically charge much lower rates than family lawyers, but it is crucial that you understand exactly what you will be charged and for what services before engaging in mediation.

Our rates are completely open and detailed on our site.

We accept the government voucher scheme https://www.gov.uk/government/news/voucher-scheme-boost-to-help-thousands-more-families-resolve-disputes-away-from-court#:~:text=The%20scheme%20is%20eligible%20for,the%20contributions%20from%20the%20Government

The last thing I want to do is be in the same place as my ex-lover.

Rhino Family Mediation Sheffield will work with you to ensure your comfort during any joint mediations, as they understand it can be difficult to be in the same room as your ex-partner. Because of this, you and your ex-spouse may have to take turns waiting in different rooms (virtual rooms).


You must attend a Mediation Information Assessment Meeting before you may file a court application (MIAM). Rather than proceeding directly to court, the objective is to determine whether mediation could be used to address your issues.

The MIAM is a meeting between you and a mediator to explore alternate means of resolving your disputes. Your Sheffield mediator will assist you in comprehending the following: – What mediation is.

– Potentially available alternatives

– The advantages of mediation and other suitable means of resolving disagreements.

The average length of the meeting is 45 minutes.

If your case is appropriate for mediation, the mediator will let you know. If so, he or she will explain the subsequent processes of mediation.

The mediator will provide you with a form if, following your MIAM, it is determined that mediation is not appropriate in your instance. This form, signed by a certified mediator, attests that you’ve attended an MIAM. The court will then permit you to file a lawsuit.

If Mediation is determined to be unsuitable, a qualified mediator will sign this form within 7 business days.

If you are exempt, you are not required to attend an MIAM. Included among the exemptions are:

There are indications of domestic violence. For instance, he has been convicted of domestic violence, there is or was a non-molestation order in effect within the past two years, or you have a letter from your doctor. Contact our advice line for further information;

– If the application relates to a child, the local authority is involved with the family due to child protection concerns; – You have already attended an MIAM or made an application confirming an MIAM exemption within the last four months; – The application must be made rapidly because: – There is a risk to the life, liberty, or physical safety of you, your family, or your home; or – You will suffer significant hardship; or – Any delay caused by attending an MIAM would cause


If none of the exemptions apply, or if you lack the qualifying evidence for domestic violence and none of the other exemptions apply, then you must attend MIAM. The mediator may determine that mediation is not appropriate in your case; if so, he or she will sign a statement declaring that mediation is not appropriate or is not occurring.

If you wish to bring your case to court, it is now often required that you attend an MIAM. The other party is expected to attend an MIAM, but they are not required to attend the same meeting as you.


You are not required to attend an MIAM if any of the following conditions apply:


– Either you or the other party has made a claim of domestic violence against the other party that is supported by clear proof, such as a police inquiry or the issuance of an injunction.

– Your motion to the court pertains to other family law cases in which you are actively engaged.

– A court application must be made immediately because the life or safety of the applicant, his or her family (such as his or her children), or his or her home is under danger.

– Money is at issue, and either you or your spouse, wife, or civil partner (the respondent) are insolvent.

– There is no disagreement between you and your spouse, civil partner, or domestic partner.

– You are unaware of the location of your husband, wife, or civil partner.

– You intend to file an application with the court, but you do not desire to inform your spouse or civil partner beforehand.

– You are currently connected with social services due to safety and well-being concerns for your child or children.

Because one of you has a disability, neither you nor your partner can access the mediator’s office. Nonetheless, if the authorised mediator can provide the necessary facilities, you are still compelled to attend the meeting.

– A mediator indicates on the court form that mediation is unsuitable, such as when the other party refuses to attend an MIAM.

In the past four months, you have attempted mediation without result. A mediator must confirm this and inform you that mediation is not the optimal method for resolving your disagreement. – You and your partner do not ordinarily reside in England or Wales and cannot therefore be termed “habitual residents.”

– There may be further specific exemptions that apply to you. Before appearing in court, a C100 Form must be filled out, which lists all available exemptions. A mediator will review this with you and determine if an exemption applies to your specific case.