Family mediation is an effective way of resolving disputes between family members without the need for costly and time-consuming court proceedings. However, many people are unaware of the cost of family mediation and whether it is affordable for them. Here, we explore the cost of family mediation in the UK and what you need to know about paying for this service.
The Cost of Family Mediation in the UK
The cost of family mediation in the UK varies depending on a number of factors, such as the location of the mediation service and the complexity of the case. The average cost of a mediation session is around £100-£150 per hour, with an average of three to five sessions required to reach a resolution. However, some providers charge a fixed fee for the entire mediation process, which can range from £500-£1,500.
Factors Affecting the Cost of Family Mediation
- Location: The location of the mediation service can affect the cost, with services in London and other major cities typically more expensive than those in rural areas.
- Complexity of the Case: The complexity of the case can also affect the cost, with more complex cases requiring more sessions and therefore costing more.
- Number of Participants: The number of participants in the mediation process can also affect the cost, with larger families or groups requiring more mediation sessions.
Types of Family Mediation
There are different types of family mediation available in the UK, including:
- Child Arrangements Mediation: This type of mediation is used to help parents make arrangements for their children after a separation or divorce.
- Financial Mediation: Financial mediation is used to help couples reach an agreement on financial matters, such as property and assets.
- All Issues Mediation: All issues mediation covers all aspects of family disputes and is suitable for families facing a range of issues, such as divorce, separation, and child custody.
Advantages of Family Mediation
- Cost-effective – Family mediation is generally less expensive than court proceedings.
- Confidentiality – Mediation is confidential, unlike court proceedings which are open to the public.
- Faster – Mediation can be completed more quickly than court proceedings.
- Empowering – Parties have more control over the outcome in mediation than in court proceedings.
- Less stressful – Mediation is generally less stressful than court proceedings, as parties are encouraged to work together to find a solution.
Rhino Mediation – Your Partner in Resolving Family Conflicts
Family mediation can be a cost-effective way of resolving disputes between family members. The cost of family mediation in the UK varies depending on a number of factors, such as the complexity of the case and the location of the mediation service. Rhino Mediation can help you understand the cost of family mediation and provide you with an affordable solution that meets your needs. Don’t let the cost of family mediation prevent you from accessing this valuable service.