After an unsuccessful attempt at mediation, what further actions should be taken?
As a Mediation Wallasey mediator, I always have great expectations that the issues that my clients are going through may be resolved in a manner that is satisfying to them. Regrettably, this is not always achievable; unfortunately, this is sometimes the case for reasons that are beyond their control or as a result of a deadlock that makes it impossible that this is always conceivable. This is not always achievable since there are times when it just cannot be done.
Even in circumstances in which the parties are unable to come to an agreement on any of the issues at hand, there are still benefits to having tried mediation, including the following:
- If there has been an issue with communication, merely having some Mediation Wallasey sessions may have helped it, even if it has not improved to the extent that everyone would have liked it to have improved. Even the smallest action taken in the correct direction is a stride in its own right.
- Disclosure of financial information will have been obtained and exchanged, which, due to the fact that the mediator is able to provide the information, will be helpful in the subsequent phase of whatever method the couple chooses to take to settle those financial concerns. Disclosure of information regarding the couple’s finances will have been acquired and exchanged. It is conceivable that a small bit of attorney negotiation is all that is necessary to break a deadlock or address a matter that couldn’t be agreed upon in Mediation Wallasey. This would be the case if the attorney was involved in the negotiation process. Taking this approach would be the most effective one to pursue.
- It is very unusual for parties engaged in the Mediation Wallasey process to demonstrate sentiments of empathy and compassion toward one another. This can have a good effect that lasts for a number of months, or even years, after the process has come to a successful conclusion.
- If there are still specific issues that need to be resolved, the following phase may involve mediation or another type of mechanism for dispute resolution. If all of the previous concerns have been addressed and resolved, then this process will be much more expedient and straightforward.
- After having a conversation about the difficulties surrounding either the child custody arrangements or the financial disagreements, both parties will have listened to and, ideally, understood the worries, wants, and priorities of the other person. This will have occurred after the conversation about the difficulties surrounding either the child custody arrangements or the financial disagreements. As a result of this, it will be much simpler for whatever decisions are made in the future to centre on strategies that will be agreeable to all of the parties who are engaged in the conflict.
- The participation of children in the Mediation Wallasey process affords those young people the chance to have their opinions and perspectives taken into consideration. Because of this, the children will be aware that their parents are aware of the desires that they have decided to be passed on, and they will be aware of this regardless of whether or not a resolution is found. This is because the children will be aware that their parents are aware of the desires that they have decided to be passed on.
- If negotiations on issues have failed either with or without the assistance of solicitors during the mediation process, the lawyers will be mindful of the areas of dispute and will therefore be in a better position to advise on the chances of success, risk of litigation, and lightly cost that may follow, which may help make course proportionate decisions moving forward. If negotiations on issues have failed either with or without the assistance of solicitors during the Mediation Wallasey process, the lawyers will be mindful of the areas of dispute and will therefore be aware of the areas of dispute. In the event that talks on the problems have been unsuccessful, whether with or without the help of solicitors throughout the process of mediation, the attorneys will keep in mind the areas of contention.
After the Mediation Wallasey session is over, the following items might be of assistance in resolving any outstanding issues that may have arisen:
- Solicitor negotiation
- Conversations held around a circular table
- FDRs available for individual usage
- Or, if nothing else works, there is still the option of turning to the judicial system.
It would appear that the use of either the traditional mediation, the hybrid Mediation Wallasey, or the kid-inclusive mediation approach could only result in beneficial repercussions for the parties concerned. In the event that you would want to have a discussion with us regarding the benefits of mediation or the consequences that may be expected if mediation is unable to address some or all of the issues, please feel free to get in touch with us.